Steam wins console wars? Steam hardware pre-orders inboundDate posted: June 4, 2015 by: JasonDarkX2 Category: Gaming Tech This post currently has: 3 comments.
The hype is real with the all newly announced Steam hardwares for pre-order. Starting with the controller,Bringing the power of a traditional keyboard and mouse to the palm of your hands in the comfort of the living room. For a whopping $59.99cdn at EB games gets you this ridiculous shaped wireless controller with two massive trackpads, 1 Xbox one joystick, Xbox buttons set, and the dual stage triggers. Looking like something from a Frankenstein movie, the steam controller promises to deliver precision controls and ease with endless control customization to suit your playstyle. Available on November 10,2015. If you pre-order any steam hardware now you can get them a month earlier on October 16,2015 limited quantity is available .Steam controller Key features:
- Dual trackpads
- HD haptics
- Analog stick
- Dual-stage triggers, each with 10° of travel, a magnetic flux sensor, and a tactile switch
- Gyroscope and accelerometer sensors enabling tilt-to-steer racing wheel functionality and other motion-controlled input
- Configurable controls
- Local multiplayer capability, as supported by games
- Wired or wireless (dual mode)
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB port (cable not included)
- Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range. Actual results may vary.
- Provides up to 80 hours of standard game play using the included AA batteries during preliminary testing. Battery life will vary based on usage and other factors, such as type of batteries used. Actual results may vary.
what's in the box for steam controller:
- Steam Controller
- 2 AA batteries
- USB wireless pairing dongle
the Requirements to run Steam Link:
- A host computer running SteamOS, or Steam Big Picture Mode on Windows Vista or newer, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer, Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or newer.
- A TV or display capable of running at 720p or 1080p resolution
- Any of the input devices listed above
- Home network connectivity to both Steam Link and host computer.Wired network recommended for the best experience.
Steam Link key features:
- 1080p resolution at 60 FPS
- Wired 100 Mbit/s Fast Ethernet and Wireless 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO) networking abilities
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- Internal Wireless Steam Controller pairing capability
- Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI out
- Supports Steam Controller (sold separately,) Xbox One or 360 Wired Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710, or keyboard and mouse
- Steam Link
- Power cable and adapter
- HDMI 2.0 cable
- Ethernet cable
if streaming games ain't your thing there are two Steam machine available for preorder starting at $499.99cdn the Alien ware alpha steam machine( note this one is the not same as the currently alien ware alpha,The steam machine FAQ here) and the SYBER high end models with beast specs similar to a high end grade PC.Anyways with E3 just around the corner, can't help to feel excited about all these new gaming hardwares and games coming out this year. With everything finally becoming official and set in stone with steam hardwares, it's safe to bet consoles are going to have some pretty big competition for the living room with PC gaming being simplify this year don't you think?
Steam hardware page
EB games promo page
Tags:PC, steam, tech promotions, tech reveal